Sunday 5 August 2012

Ankara/ African inspired Make up

I was looking at the pictures from the photo-shoot Beyonce did for L'officiel Paris last year. I'm sure you all know the one, there was a lot of controversy surrounding it. Some people called her racist but I don't see how that is possible as she is black.

Beyonce was featured in the French fashion magazine wearing a tribal inspired dress and jewellery by Gucci, Louis Vuitton, Dolce and Gabbana, Lanvin, Rodarte and fendi. She had her face painted darker and decorated with tribal make-up as a tribute to Nigerian musician and human rights activist Fela Anikulapo Kuti whose music was a blend of jazz, funk and African rhythm and harmonies. 








Personally, I thought the pictures were very beautiful and artistic, cant say I understand the intention behind it, but I will always appreciate art. Was inspired by the pictures so I decided to try to translate them the best way I can. what do you think.


















No comments: