Monday 16 July 2012

Needle Kraft fashion show / graduation night

For many people in Nigeria, fashion education hasn't exactly been a priority. But as fashion rapidly evolves and the entertainment industry growing by the second, people are putting a lot more effort into their appearances; hence a larger demand for designers who are not only innovative but can create their visions. To do this, you have to stay up to date with the relevant fashion curricula available anywhere. 

Needle Kraft has been preparing students for success at every level; from Haute Couture to ready-to-wear to mass market. The programme keeps evolving with fashion itself. I love fashion and I want to nurture my creativity (plus Fashion school is the only type of school I enjoy going to); needle kraft provided just that. It is a brand of fashion education that provides a rigorous grounding in practical skills needed for career success and exposing you to the real demands and practices of the fashion world. I learnt the fundamentals of draping, pattern making and skill sewing techniques, I don't regret any moment of it.

Tesse Onakala is dedicated to her students and is such a wonderful role model; so much so that she threw an amazing graduation/fashion show for the graduating students. It was fab and everyone who is anyone in the entertainment industry was present. I enjoyed seeing my classmates strut in their very own creations, watch those that came before me unveil their collections and observing the unique style of guests presents. Without further ado, here are some pictures from the night,

 School magazine



                                                                           
 





 Love my manicure


I made my outfit, shoes- Mango, Bag- Zara 

Inspiration: Kourtney Kardashian ( I'm always inspired by the K sisters)



Pictures of  the graduating student's collection













 Love this dress




Some pictures from the event

Uwa and performer, Ashi


 Needle kraft students in their creations

Needle Kraft students and future designers (super stars) in their creations

 Timi looking nice from behind

 Tesse (CEO Needle kraft fashion group) and I

 I love Tesse's patch-lace dress

My darling friend Hally and I in our creations

Cross section of guests

 With actor Paul Obasile

 Tesse giving her speech

 Actress Oge Okoye about to present a student with her certificate. love her dress


 Oge Okoye, Femi Brainard and other celebrities presenting students wit their graduation certificates

Beautiful people

 Fashionistas at the show, they look amazing, I love the colored blazer

I love the rocker chic look 

 

 Very cute and romantic, lace and floral prints

Pretty in a Tangerine maxi

 It was a wonderful night........ ;)

No comments: